Delta Air Lines, Inc. Lead Program Manager - Compliance Systems Management in ATLANTA, Georgia
Lead Program Manager - Compliance Systems Management
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Ref #: 1861
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
Delta’s Tech Ops division is seeking a motivated individual to be the Lead Program Manager – Compliance Systems Management, who will lead the team to resolve approximately 75,000 discrepancy issues per year via the Issue Management Tool (IMT) in a timely manner while ensuring quality. The position will co-lead the team responsible for ensuring that serialized units owned by Delta and our customers are compliantly tracked and recorded in SCEPTRE, MIRS and SAP.
Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
· Responsible for the leadership and management of the Ops Support Team, including workflows, problem-solving, decision-making, customer support, and communications regarding the tactical and strategic execution of initiatives and throughput, cycle time and quality goals.
· Partners closely with Engineering Project Management, Engineering, Maintenance Programs, Planning, and Maintenance in the setup and execution of Action Authorizations and Maintenance Programs.
· Collaborates with IT business partners to create and maintain automation processes for customers and the team, while striving to infuse continuous improvement.
· Leads, develops, and implements continuous improvement of team policies and procedures to ensure that sound processes support the resolution of customer issues while applying FAA Safety Risk Management.
· Understands and adheres to requirements of CFR part 121.380.
· Uses critical thinking and data analysis for managing workflow and the team to meet goals and provide strong positive customer service levels.
· Manages large amounts of data and establishes business relevance and prioritizes schedule and customer expectations with high-quality decision making.
· Handles ambiguities in multiple tasks, problems, projects and goals.
· Serves as a company expert in applicable compliance systems and identifies advanced training and development opportunities.
· Challenges behaviors, practices and strategies that do not align with a diverse, friendly environment.
· Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
· Must have one of the following: 1) a 4-year technical degree in quantitative field such as Aviation, Business, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or Mathematics, 2) a valid A&P license, or 3) equivalent technical experience.
· Should have a minimum of 6 years industry experience, including at least 3 years in TechOps (in related disciplines); aircraft technical systems/records experience is preferred.
· Must demonstrate strong technical knowledge and understanding of aircraft and major assembly configurations, including the ability to interpret Engineering Action Authorizations, Federal Aviation Regulations, and maintenance documentation.
· Should have a strong understanding and expertise of Delta’s Blended Core systems (SCEPTRE, MIRS, SAP) and how different business units work in the Blended Core across Delta TechOps.
· Must have proven data analytics and problem solving skills, with a track record of identifying trends and assessing potential liabilities to quickly implement change in processes to mitigate compliance issues with methods that are not always traditional.
· Must be results-oriented in a highly demanding technical environment and able to handle multiple tasks with continually changing priorities in a timely manner.
· Must have strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio.
· Must have patience, oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
· Should be a strategic thinker and self-starter with strong leadership, facilitation, and team building skills.
· (If transferring internally)Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
· Black/Green Belt Certification is a plus.
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings through this site, apply for jobs through Delta’s online system, or at any point in the selection process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please click here