Delta Air Lines, Inc. In Flight Services Senior Coordinator Operational Support in ATLANTA, Georgia
In Flight Services Senior Coordinator Operational Support
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Ref #: 2426
LinkedIn Tag: #LI-EAH
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
The Senior Coordinator – Operational Support will have responsibilities for a group of kitchens and on-board service centers within a region, ensuring that they have all equipment required to service Delta flights and food orders are being processed on time per the kitchen ordering.
Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
· Serves as the single point of contact for assigned kitchens and stations to resolve any issues in inventory or food delivery.
· Uses forecasting systems to monitor that appropriate orders are being placed to service future flight schedule.
· Monitors station inventories for stations that are on the IM system to make sure that inventories stay in stock to support future flight schedules.
· Monitors forecasted inventory of recoverable assets into and out of stations to anticipate and monitor projected increases in inventories based on the flight schedule.
· Proactively proposes and manages RMAs to rebalance inventory positions across the network and reduce inventory spend.
· Works with DLCC to monitor all inbound shipments to make sure the kitchen is receiving everything they need.
· Proposes orders to the stations on IM based on future flight schedule forecasts and current inventories to make sure that inventories are not excessive.
· Works with station managers to review any requests for increases or decreases to proposed ordering strategy.
· Solves any issues that may arrive with station orders to make sure that customer service is protected.
· Resolves any station order delivery discrepancies by determining root cause and leading necessary remediation with stations, other Delta teams, suppliers and warehouse providers; this includes initiating expedited actions as appropriate.
· Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
· Bachelor’s degree is required.
· Must have a minimum of 18 months of previous relevant experience; a minimum of 3 years work experience in supply chain, IT, business management, or related field is preferred.
· Must have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Should be solution-oriented, multi-task capable and have demonstrated the ability to work well with others in a fast-paced time-sensitive environment.
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks, projects, and reporting functions and meet required deadlines.
· Must have highly proficient PC skills, including an advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
· Should possess sound organizational and planning skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
· Must be willing and able to travel occasionally.
· (If transferring internally)Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
In Flight Services and OBS experience.
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings through this site, apply for jobs through Delta’s online system, or at any point in the selection process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please click here